The AEC Hackathon 2.7 Helsinki 2015 was the first of its kind in Finland. The event brought together over 100 attendees; industry experts, designers, and software developers. 12 teams delivered awesome software within a weekend.
Tekla hosted the event at their headquarters in Espoo from Friday the 6th through Sunday the 8th of November. Teemu Lehtinen of the Aalto University made it all come true. He was able to persuade sponsors and supporters to provide the event with necessary supplies and awards.
AE Partners was happy to help with preparing videos before and during the event. We used video streaming to show and record the highlights of the weekend online, as they happened. You can watch all our videos at https://livestream.com/aepartners/events/4483588.
The hack teams presented their solutions to the challenges given by industry clients. The strikingly international teams had many non-AEC members, but that didn’t seem to slow them down. I was amazed by the clever apps that they had developed in a very short time.
The teams utilized virtual reality, augmented reality, BIM, and IoT to create their solutions.
Here are the team presentations in two parts.
- BEST OVERALL PROJECT: TEAM INDOORHACKERS
- BEST SOLVING A BIG AEC PROBLEM: TEAM INDOORHACKERS
- FIRA & YIT CHALLENGE FOR BEST UX: TEAM KITCHEWAVE
- AUTODESK CHALLENGE FOR BEST 3D SOLUTION: TEAM BACKJUMP
- THINGSEE CHALLENGE FOR BEST IOT: TEAM PLACEBIM
- CITY OF HELSINKI CHALLENGE FOR BEST BIM FOR FM: TEAM LIFELEE
- BEST 3D CITY CHALLENGE: TEAM JCJ
- BEST PROJECT TANGO CHALLENGE: TEAM BACKJUMP
- BEST DUCT TAPE HACK CHALLENGE: TEAM SHOWAROOM
The winning team, IndoorHackers, was also given a chance to pitch at Slush 2015 in Helsinki.
Here’s a video of the announcement of the awards.